Last week was my 20th birthday. After having a lovely celebration with my friends I began to think of my favourite birthday scenes from the movies and thought I’d share them with you:
6. Angry Birds – Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds (1963)
Our birthdays are supposed to be our favorite day of the year, which makes a birthday party the perfect setting for things to go wrong.
5. He’s in for a Surprise – District 9 (2009)
After coming into contact with a mysterious alien liquid, Wikus van de Merwe begins to develop some curious symptoms. In an extremely dark and poignant film, this brief scene is hilarious.
4. A Very Merry Unbirthday – Alice in Wonderland (1951)
While technically your unbirthday is every day that isn’t your actual birthday, this trippy scene is definitely a classic celebration!
3. Harry Gets His Wish – Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)
What kid doesn’t wish to be told that they’re a witch or wizard on their 11th birthday?
2. Maleficent is a Party Pooper – Sleeping Beauty (1959)
Maleficent is one of my favourite Disney villains. As a child I was honestly terrified every single time she appeared on my TV screen. While she is capable of turning into a fire-breathing dragon, I find her most terrifying in her first appearance in the film when she crashes baby Aurora’s birthday celebration.
1. Bilbo Baggins’ Eleventy-First Birthday – The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
This scene has it all – fireworks, storytelling, dancing, and magic. And you know it isn’t a good birthday party without an awkward speech!